Longtail Lodge - Bowness-on-Windermere, Cumbria, England
|01539443211 or 07725819384|
|Click here to email owner|
|Payment Options: cheque, bank transfer
Contact: Mrs. Suzy Whitehead
Key Cottage InformationPrice range from £895 to £1050 per week
Number of units of accommodation: 1
Sleeps from 1 to 2 people in 1 bedrooms
Number of bathrooms: 1
Short Breaks: Yes - The minimum number of days for a short break is 2
Suitable for the disabled:
Children are welcome:
Rating: Not assessed
The owner/agency for Longtail Lodge has been advertising with Country Cottages Online for more than 3 years. Read More
Longtail Lodge provides luxurious cosy & comfortable contemporary accommodation with a private heart shaped hot tub, it's the perfect place for a couple to relax & unwind, it's the perfect place for a couple to relax & unwind in pure luxury & has everything you could possibly need for your short break or holiday.
It's set in an elevated position with beautiful views over well established gardens & hot tub area with feature lighting & with a mountain range in the background. There's a large South facing balcony and a well equipped decked area partially under cover. The location is peaceful & tranquil yet within easy walking distance of the bustling village of Bowness & Lake Windermere with all the visitor attractions they have to offer. Specialising in Celebrations & short breaks.
This owner/agency has featured on countrycottagesonline.com since 2013
- Unique location with stunning views. Bikers welcome. Storage for bikes & gear plus access to dry-room available on request. Amazing outdoor space not overlooked from any aspect. Large decked area with all weather terrace, food preparation area, BBQ , mini bar contemporary bar furniture & outdoor dining furniture.
- Video or DVD
- Internet Access
- Type of Cooker: External BBQ, induction hob & food prep station under cover
- Dining Table Seats: 2
- 1 Double Bed(s)
- Bed Linen Provided
- Power Shower
- Towels Provided
- Central Heating
- Enclosed Garden: Large private balcony & decked area partly under cover and extensively furnished with BBQ, outdoor kitchen, mini-bar & contemporary table with bar stools. Seat pads, cushion & throws provided for outdoor use.
- Outdoor Hot Tub
- Peaceful location with stunning uninterrupted views over garden with Claife Heights in the background. Backed by natural woodland. Unique property in secluded peaceful rural location within walking distance of Bowness village & lake Windermere.
Externally there's a balcony & a large decked area with contemporary lighting. The balcony can also be accessed by french door from the main room. There are comfy outdoor armchairs & a table where guests can enjoy breakfast or a glass of wine in the evening overlooking the garden with Claife Heights & the Lake in the background. The decked area is partially covered by a large canopy so that guests can enjoy being out of doors whatever the weather. There is outdoor dining furniture, a charcoal BBQ with tools & crockery provided, food preparation station and a mini-bar with modern bar table & stools. guests have commented on the quality of the Lodge & how special the personal touches & extras are.
Longtail Lodge is a ten minute walk from Bowness village & Lake Windermere (about £3 by cab). Bowness is a pretty, traditional Lakeland village with a multitude of bars, cafes & restaurants to suit all tastes plus many interesting individual shops. There are many visitor attractions in the area & Lake cruises operate daily to either end of the Lake giving you the opportunity to view some spectacular scenery. You can hire equipment for canoeing, kayaking, rowing, & sailing on the Lake or try mountain biking or 4 x 4 off-roading on the fells.
Please visit http://longtaillodge.co.uk/ to find out more about the holiday cottage, amenities, surrounding area and places to visit in Cumbria.
Lake cruises & steam boats . World of Beatrix Potter visitor attraction. Haverthwaite steam railway, Lakeside motor museum, Aquarium of the Lakes, Blackwell arts & crafts centre. Dove Cottage & the wordsworth Museum, Fell Foot Park, Kankku off road driving adventures, Brockhole visitors centre. Low Wood Water sports centre. Muncaster Castle & owlery.
Nearest Train Station or Airport: Windermere railway station
Recommended Places to Visit: There's so much to see & do on & around Lake Windermere it would keep you busy for weeks but some might like to visit any the Lakes or Lakeland villages. Kendal, Grizedale & Whinlatter, Honister, Brantwood, Keswick launch on Derwentwater, Holker Hall & Gardens, Zoo at Dalton, Levens Hall & Gardens theb Ruskin Museum. Ravenglass & Eskdale railway.
Annual Events: Special events all year round in Bowness, Windermere & surrounding areas and also on the Lake in Summer/Autumn.
Recommended Places to Eat Out: Sol Tapas bar, Roberto's bistro, Jacksons Bistro, Village Inn, Mela Indian Fusion, Porto, El Positano, Postillion, The Albert Inn, Fat Olives, The Angel Inn.......the list for Bowness-on-Windermere is endless.
Local Sports: The area is perfect for walkers with part of "Dalesway Walk" in close proximity to the Lodge . All water sports. Sailing, motor boating, canoeing, kayaking, rowing & fishing... all gear for hire. Horse riding nearby. Cycling, mountain bikes & 4 x 4 veh
Charming Lakeland village on the edge of Lake Windermere. Busy all year round with a great selection of bars, restaurants & pubs to suit all tastes & budgets. Some interesting quirky individual shops & plenty of visitor attractions closeby. Fabulous marina with contemporary laid-back bar/restaurant just a few minutes from the Lodge
- » Self-catering in Cumbria and the Lake District
- » Self-catering holiday cottages in Cumbria with a pub nearby
- » Self-catering holiday accommodation in Cumbria available for long lets
- » Luxury cottages - Cumbria
- » Self-catering short break holidays in the Lake District, England
- » 2 day short break Lake District
- » Self-catering accommodation near Scafell Pike, Cumbria
- » Cottages near the sea and coast in Cumbria
- » Cottages in England's Lake District
- » Self-catering accommodation in Ambleside or near Ambleside in the Lake District Cumbria
- » Self-catering in northern England
- » Self-catering cottages in the Lake District, Cumbria
- » Holiday lets in the north of England
- » Cottage Weekend Breaks in Cumbria, the Lake District
- » Cottages in the Lake District near a pub
- » Cottages near Devoke Water in Cumbria and the Lake District
- » Farmhouse rentals in the Lake District and north of England for self-catering holidays
- » Luxury High Quality Cottages in the Lake District
- » Cottage accommodation Cumbria - Lake District, for walkers
- » Cottages in the Lake District with an open fire
Similar English Country Cottages
Longtail Loft England, Cumbria, Bowness-on-Windermere
Ferry View Cottage England, Cumbria, Bowness-on-Windermere
Moss Windermere Cottage England, Cumbria, Bowness-on-Windermere
Thirlmere Holiday Chalet, Lake District National Park, England, Cumbria, Troutbeck bridge
Ambleside Holiday Lodge England, Cumbria, White Cross Bay
Skiptory Woodland Holiday Lodge England, Cumbria, White Cross Bay
Clonleason Gate Lodge
4 nights in March for a couple in our tranquil riverside cottage! Spring at it's very best awaits you just a short hop from Dublin Airport.
This special offer ends on 10-03-2017
March madness - Spa hot tub breaks for total relaxation - cosy romantic retreat in great location with balcony & private outdoor spa hot tub 2 nights from £250 for 2 adults call 07725819384 now to book.
This special offer ends on 08-03-2017