Sorry Woodbine Family Cottage, Cumbria %26 The Lake District is no longer featured on Countrycottagesonline.com, please take a look at similar properties listed with us:Advertise similar holiday cottages in Cumbria
Woodbine Family Cottage, Cumbria & The Lake District - Ambleside, Cumbria, England
Key Cottage InformationPrice range from £335 to £750 per week
Number of units of accommodation: 1
Sleeps from 1 to 6 people in 3 bedrooms
Number of bathrooms: 2
Short Breaks: Yes - The minimum number of days for a short break is 3
Suitable for the disabled:
Children are welcome:
Woodbine Cottage is an attractive semi-detached cottage located in the Green, a particularly appealing part of Ambleside in the Lake District National Park.
This charming cottage has been constructed out of local Lake District stone and offers comfortable high quality self catering accommodation for up to 6 people in 3 bedrooms. Features at this cottage include exposed wooden beams and original fireplaces. The accommodation comprises an open-plan living area with woodburning stove, kitchen and dining area, a double bedroom with king size bed and en-suite shower room, a double bedroom and bedroom with bunkbeds, a family bathroom and WC. Outside Woodbine Cottage at the front there is a terrace with garden furniture. For parking a permit is provided for one car at the local car park.
Ambleside is a great base from which to enjoy walking and exploring the Lake District National Park. Lake Windermere is nearby and Ambleside has many amenities for an enjoyable Lake District self catering holiday. Whether you are taking a holiday with friends or family, Woodbine Cottage makes a welcoming and convenient base for exploring the greenery and lakes nearby.
- Video or DVD
- Laundry Facilities
- 2 Double Bed(s)
- Bed Linen Provided
- Ensuite Bathroom
- Towels Provided
- Central Heating
- Open Fire
The cottage has efficient gas central heating throughout, additional heating from a woodburning stove in the sitting room.
The kitchen is fitted with an electric oven, gas hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, washing machine, dishwasher. TV with Freeview, iPod dock. Fuel, power and wood for woodburning stove inc. rent. Bed linen and towels are included in the rent. Parking permit for one car in local car park. Front terrace with garden furniture. Sorry, no pets and no smoking. Shops and pubs 2 minutes' walk. Please Note: Restricted narrow vehicular access.
Please Note: Property accessed via stone steps, may be unsuitable for guests with limited mobility.Impressive mountains, open fells and clear-water lakes, the Lake District has it all. From walking in the mountains to exhilarating watersports or just a gentle cruise on a steam-powered yacht, Cumbria is the perfect holiday destination.
Given its excellent position at the northern tip of Lake Windermere - England's largest lake - Ambleside makes a superb base for touring the central Lakes. The town itself is famous for its annual rushbearing ceremony and the diminutive 17th Century "Bridge House" - one of the most photographed buildings in the Lake District. Grasmere and the Langdale Valley are just a short drive away and there is plenty to do here. With cruises, boat trips and water-sports on Lake Windermere itself as well as numerous shops, restaurants and pubs in the village, visitors will be spoiled for choice. At Waterhead lakeside there is a short stretch of beach for sunbathing, or paddling, whilst in the opposite direction, along a short woodland walk, is the beautiful waterfall of Stock Ghyll Force.
Nearest Train Station or Airport:
Recommended Places to Visit:
Recommended Places to Eat Out:
Local Sports: Walking, golf.
- » Self-catering in Cumbria and the Lake District
- » Self-catering holiday cottages in Cumbria with a pub nearby
- » Self-catering holiday accommodation in Cumbria available for long lets
- » Luxury cottages - Cumbria
- » Self-catering short break holidays in the Lake District, England
- » 2 day short break Lake District
- » Self-catering accommodation near Scafell Pike, Cumbria
- » Cottages near the sea and coast in Cumbria
- » Cottages in England's Lake District
- » Self-catering accommodation in Ambleside or near Ambleside in the Lake District Cumbria
- » Self-catering in northern England
- » One bedroom cottages in Ambleside in the Lake District sleeping 2 people
- » Self-catering cottages in the Lake District, Cumbria
- » Holiday lets in the north of England
- » Cottage Weekend Breaks in Cumbria, the Lake District
- » Cottages in the Lake District near a pub
- » Cottages near Devoke Water in Cumbria and the Lake District
- » Farmhouse rentals in the Lake District and north of England for self-catering holidays
- » Luxury High Quality Cottages in the Lake District
- » Cottage accommodation Cumbria - Lake District, for walkers
Similar English Country Cottages
Lingmell House - Lower Gale England, Cumbria, Ambleside
Low Millgillhead England, Cumbria, Lamplugh
Langdale Lodge 15 England, Cumbria, Troutbeck Bridge
Striding Holiday Lodge England, Cumbria, White Cross Bay
Ambleside Holiday Lodge England, Cumbria, White Cross Bay
Skiptory Woodland Holiday Lodge England, Cumbria, White Cross Bay
3 night break arriving Friday 11th September from £203.
This special offer ends on 13-09-2015
Perfect for leisure or as a business base.
This special offer ends on 11-09-2015
Weathervane Cottage at Twistgates Farm Cottages
4 night short break starting on 8th Sept, late availability offer £300.
This special offer ends on 12-09-2015
This offer is for 3 nights.
This special offer ends on 12-09-2015