Woodbine Family Cottage, Ambleside, Cumbria & The Lake District - Ambleside, Cumbria, England
Number of units of accommodation: 1
Sleeps from 1 to 6 people in 3 bedrooms
Number of bathrooms: 2
Short Breaks: Yes - The minimum number of days for a short break is 3
Suitable for the disabled:
Children are welcome:
Woodbine Cottage is an attractive semi-detached cottage located in the Green, a particularly appealing part of Ambleside in the Lake District National Park.
This charming cottage has been constructed out of local Lake District stone and offers comfortable high quality self catering accommodation for up to 6 people in 3 bedrooms. Features at this cottage include exposed wooden beams and original fireplaces. The accommodation comprises an open-plan living area with woodburning stove, kitchen and dining area, a double bedroom with king size bed and en-suite shower room, a double bedroom and bedroom with bunkbeds, a family bathroom and WC. Outside Woodbine Cottage at the front there is a terrace with garden furniture. For parking a permit is provided for one car at the local car park.
Ambleside is a great base from which to enjoy walking and exploring the Lake District National Park. Lake Windermere is nearby and Ambleside has many amenities for an enjoyable Lake District self catering holiday. Whether you are taking a holiday with friends or family, Woodbine Cottage makes a welcoming and convenient base for exploring the greenery and lakes nearby.
This owner/agency has featured on countrycottagesonline.com since 2010
|01244 500 540 or|
|Click here to email owner|
|Payment Options: cheque, bank transfer, credit card
Contact: Sykes Cottages
|Television||Indoor Hot Tub|
|Sky Television||Outdoor Hot Tub|
|Video or DVD||Shower|
|Ensuite Bathroom||Wood Stove|
|Central heating||Laundry facilities|
|Games Room||Swimming Pool|
|Towels provided||Bed linen provided|
The cottage has efficient gas central heating throughout, additional heating from a woodburning stove in the sitting room.
The kitchen is fitted with an electric oven, gas hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, washing machine, dishwasher. TV with Freeview, iPod dock. Fuel, power and wood for woodburning stove inc. rent. Bed linen and towels are included in the rent. Parking permit for one car in local car park. Front terrace with garden furniture. Sorry, no pets and no smoking. Shops and pubs 2 minutes' walk. Please Note: Restricted narrow vehicular access.
Please Note: Property accessed via stone steps, may be unsuitable for guests with limited mobility.Impressive mountains, open fells and clear-water lakes, the Lake District has it all. From walking in the mountains to exhilarating watersports or just a gentle cruise on a steam-powered yacht, Cumbria is the perfect holiday destination.
Please visit http://www.sykescottages.co.uk/cottages/11682.php?rfx=10025 to find out more about the holiday cottage, amenities, surrounding area and places to visit in Cumbria.
Given its excellent position at the northern tip of Lake Windermere - England's largest lake - Ambleside makes a superb base for touring the central Lakes. The town itself is famous for its annual rushbearing ceremony and the diminutive 17th Century "Bridge House" - one of the most photographed buildings in the Lake District. Grasmere and the Langdale Valley are just a short drive away and there is plenty to do here. With cruises, boat trips and water-sports on Lake Windermere itself as well as numerous shops, restaurants and pubs in the village, visitors will be spoiled for choice. At Waterhead lakeside there is a short stretch of beach for sunbathing, or paddling, whilst in the opposite direction, along a short woodland walk, is the beautiful waterfall of Stock Ghyll Force.
Nearest Train Station or Airport:
Recommended Places to Visit:
Recommended Places to Eat Out:
Local Sports: Walking, golf.
- » Self-catering in Cumbria and the Lake District
- » Self-catering holiday cottages in Cumbria with a pub nearby
- » Self-catering holiday accommodation in Cumbria available for long lets
- » Luxury cottages - Cumbria
- » Self-catering short break holidays in the Lake District, England
- » 2 day short break Lake District
- » Self-catering accommodation near Scafell Pike, Cumbria
- » Cottages near the sea and coast in Cumbria
- » Lake District Cottages
- » Self-catering accommodation in Ambleside or near Ambleside in the Lake District Cumbria
- » Self-catering in northern England
- » One bedroom cottages in Ambleside in the Lake District sleeping 2 people
- » Self-catering cottages in the Lake District, Cumbria
- » Holiday lets in the north of England
- » Cottage Weekend Breaks in Cumbria, the Lake District
- » Cottages in the Lake District near a pub
- » Cottages near Devoke Water Cumbria
- » Farmhouse rentals in the Lake District and north of England for self-catering holidays
- » Lake District cottages - luxury
- » Cottage accommodation Cumbria - Lake District, for walkers
Similar Country Cottages
Registered Office: 17 Fennfields Rd, South Woodham, Chelmsford, CM3 5RZ.
Registered in England and Wales No 3991504, VAT registration number: 104 353357