Coombe Mill Cottages and Log Cabins - St. Breward, Cornwall, England
|add to shortlist|
Number of units of accommodation: 19
Sleeps from 2 to 9 people in 4 bedrooms
Number of bathrooms: 3
Short Breaks: Yes - The minimum number of days for a short break is 0
Suitable for the disabled:
Children are welcome:
Pet Friendly: (2 welcome)
Rating: Not assessed
Paradise Setting in the Camel Valley
Originally a 16th Century working water mill, Coombe Mill is now a beautiful and secluded hamlet of picturesque cottages and riverside lodges set amidst an idyllic private estate. Tucked away in a lush woodland valley, you will sense the peace and tranquility from the moment you arrive.
The estate is home to an unrivalled assortment of wildlife from kingfishers and woodpeckers, owls and goldcrest to rare butterflies, otters, foxes and badgers. To these we have added our own unusual farm animals including deer, pigs, rhea, pygmy goats, donkeys, ponies, ducks and rabbits. The highlight of each morning is the tractor ride to feed them all.
The grounds extend over 30 acres with beautiful gardens, fields and lakes, quiet woodland walks and pathways all furnished with chairs and picnic tables. Just stroll, sit down, find solitude or enjoy being with the family.
A special feature at Coombe is the pure and soft spring water. Bubbling up from our own private spring it makes the perfect cup of tea. In the gardens and down by the river are two enormous covered barbecues with plenty of free fuel and ample seating for cooking al fresco meals. And in their own quiet locations are two well equipped play areas, one safely fenced for the very young.
Coombe Mill is an idyllic location for families with young children providing a safe outdoor and indoor play areas with toys as well as farm animals to pet and enjoy.
See more about fun on the farm.
This owner/agency has featured on this Country Cottages site since 2009
|+00 44 (0)1208 850344 or|
|Click here to email owner|
|Payment Options: cheque, bank tansfer, credit card
Contact: Mr. Fiona Cambouropoulos
|Television||Indoor Hot Tub|
|Sky Television||Outdoor Hot Tub|
|Video or DVD||Shower|
|Ensuite Bathroom||Wood Stove|
|Central heating||Laundry facilities|
|Games Room||Swimming Pool|
|Towels provided||Bed linen provided|
There is a wide selection of comfortable family friendly cottages and pine lodges equipped with all essentials for a good self-catering holiday.
More about facilities available in the accommodation.
- The holiday cottages
- Riverside Lodges
- Scandinavian lodges
Free fishing is available on site in two lakes and a river. Spend a few carefree hours teaching your children to fish.
- Read details of free fishing.
Please visit http://www.coombemill.com/ to find out more about the holiday cottage, amenities, surrounding area and places to visit in Cornwall.
Please contact us for availability, prices and bookings
Come to Cornwall for good weather during the summer, white sandy beaches where children will spend hours looking for small creatures in the rock pools and playing in the sand. Go cycling through charming Cornish villages. Hire a bicycle with a child carrier and take to the road under your own pedal power. The Camel trail is a purpose built cycle track that extends along old railway lines from Padstow right up to our village and provides a pleasant way of viewing some of the most beautiful scenery from estuary to woodland, especially on a sunny day.
Nearest Train Station or Airport: Bodmin
Recommended Places to Visit: Beaches, Harbour towns, King Arther's Tintagel, Pendennis Castle, Shipwreck Centre at St Austell, the Eden Project, Lost Gardens of Heligan. Many children play/theme parks
Annual Events: Halloween Evening Bonfire Party - Sunday after Nov 5th
Recommended Places to Eat Out: Numerous restaurants, food pubs and places to eat in the Wadebridge area, Rick Stein and Jamie Oliver resturants 1/2 hour.
Local Sports: Walking, water sports, surfing, horse riding, canoeing. Safe traffic free cycling on the Camel Trail. Free fishing available on site in lakes and river.
- » Self-catering holiday accommodation in Mevagissey, Cornwall
- » Self-catering holiday cottage accommodation in Bude, Cornwall
- » Self-catering holiday accommodation with facilities for the elderly or disabled
- » Self-catering holidays near St. Austell, Cornwall
- » Self catering large country houses in England
- » Self-catering accommodation in the Home Counties England - rent a cottage
- » Holiday cottages in Cornwall
- » Self-catering rentals near Luton Airport, north of London
- » Self-catering accommodation in and near Exmoor National Park
- » Self-catering accommodation near Crealy Adventure Park, Newquay, in Cornwall
- » 2 bedroom self catering holiday accommodation
- » A random collection of holiday cottages with parking in England
- » Self-catering accommodation near Windsor Castle
- » Self-catering holiday cottages in the West Midlands
- » Family holiday parks in England UK with self-catering cottages to rent
- » Self-catering holiday accommodation in England with facilities for children
- » Country cottages and self-catering accommodation in England to sleep 4 people
- » 3 and 4 bedroomed cottages with a wood burner in England
- » Self-catering accommodation near Legoland, England
- » Self-catering pine lodges and log cabins in England
Similar Country Cottages
1st June 6 nights - Special price for parties up to 4 guests - you get the whole big farmhouse and garden all to yourselves, just use 2 bedrooms and get £300 off the full price. 5th and 12th July £300...
This special offer ends on 31-05-2013
16th AUGUST SPECIAL OFFER- book last available August week and get £110 off (applies to parties of 8 or less guests, visit our website for full details or send us an email today for a quick response
This special offer ends on 31-05-2013
The Lodge at Colmer, Modbury, Kingsbridge
First night free meal at our local award winning pub when you book one of the few remaining June & July weeks!! Just ring 07855 488058 to negotiate your stay at the perfect place for a perfect ho...
This special offer ends on 20-07-2013
Rutland Lodges at Greetham Valley
JUNE 2013 OFFERS Short break (long weekend or midweek) in Mill Cottage or a Rutland Lodge for just £325 (was £475) or a 7 day break for just £500 (was £725)
This special offer ends on 30-06-2013