An experience of 'Go Ape' in Thetford Forest, Norfolk
The following photographs were taken on a visit to Go Ape in Thetford Forest, Norfolk:
Thetford Forest is a great recreational space for Go Ape, cycling, family picnics, walks in the wood. Participants in Go Ape don safety equipment prior to climbing the first tree and the first challenge.
We watched participants don safety harnesses and learn how to attach their safety wires to the overhead cables. We saw them having a great time navigating the obstacles, scrambling over rope bridges, and sliding down wires.
It's a wonderful day out for the whole family. We cannot wait to return and take younger members of the family with us to enjoy this thrilling experience.
Go Ape! Thetford - a summary of useful information for you
- 41 tree top challenges: zip slides, scramble nets and hanging rope bridges
- Elements are graded according to level of difficulty
- Family and friends can follow on the forest floor by foot
- > Allow 2.5 - 3 hours to complete the course
- Min. age 10 yrs, min. height 1m 40cm, max. weight 130kg
- > Under 18s must be accompanied by a participating adult
- One participating adult can supervise a maximum of two under 16yr olds plus an additional three 16 or 17yr olds
- No open toed sandals or slip on shoes, long hair must be tied back - be prepared to get grubby! Bring a spare set of clothes in wet weather.
- ROSPA approved
Admission & Booking
Search online for Go Ape or call the booking and information line on 0870 444 5562
Go Ape! Thetford
High Lodge Visitor Centre
Off the B1107 between Thetford and Brandon
Tel: 0870 444 5562
You can also Go Ape! at the following locations:
- Go Ape! Sherwood Pines, Nottinghamshire
- Go Ape! Grizedale Forest, Cumbria<
- Go Ape! Moors Valley, New Forest, Hampshire
- Go Ape! Bracknell Forest, Berkshire
|We hired bicycles from Bike Art (01842 810090 and 07818 417267) and cycled around the forest. The sun shone, and it was just glorious.|
|One of us hadn't cycled since she was ten and proved to her glee that the old adage is true - you never forget how to ride a bike.|
|Thetford Forest proved to be full of interesting objects and allowed all of us, especially the men, to return to their childhood for a day.|
|There are numerous astonishing wooden sculptures with practical purposes that you unexpectedly encounter, and countless pretty walks.|
Children will discover novel play equipment and learn about wildlife in enjoyable ways. In the process, everyone enjoys the walks and exercise without any conscious effort. Thetford Forest, in addition to beautiful woodland is a place a of discovery and entertainment.
|Information presented in amusing ways||Play areas galore|
The High Lodge visitor centre (shown in the background) houses a cafe where you can purchase refreshments, light meals, and there is a gift shop. There are also picnic areas and tables.
I strongly recommend Thetford Forest as a fun destination for all ages, arrive early and prepared, to get the most out of your visit.
Self-catering accommodation in and around Thetford Forest, Breckland, Norfolk
- » Holiday cottages with a mini gym or fitness suite
- » Holiday cottages and self-catering holidays in Snape, Suffolk
- » Self-catering holiday accommodation in Chapel-en-le-Frith, Derbyshire
- » Self-catering holiday accommodation in Penzance, Cornwall
- » Self-catering country cottages and holiday accommodation - Capel Curig
- » Self-catering holiday accommodation in Perranporth, Cornwall
- » Self-catering holiday cottages available for Easter
- » Self-catering holiday accommodation in St John's Chapel, Durham
- » Self-catering holiday accommodation in Chapel Amble, Cornwall
- » Holiday home in Ireland for a blissful escape