Self-catering country cottages in County Durham
County Durham - the land of the 'Prince Bishops', in the north east of England, history, views, Pennine valleys, hill walking, National Nature Reserves, wooded ravines, waterfalls, coastline and beaches, northern hospitality - it's all here for the taking.....
Visit the city of Durham with its grand cathedral, step back in time in the cobbled streets of nearby towns, take tea in a traditional tea shop...
- Click for a list of self catering holiday cottages in County Durham for a walk on the wild side
Self-catering two bedroom cottage accommodation in Stanhope - sleeps 1-6
Eastcroft Cottage in Stanhope, Weardale, County Durham is a charming miner’s cottage renovated to a high standard to include central heating and modern appliances and yet still retains its old country charm and a 'home from home' appeal.
The cottage is set in the village of Stanhope, near to the stepping stones over the River Wear, and is an ideal place to return to after a day exploring the surrounding moors and waterfalls of the Durham Dales.
If it's peace and solitude you want, you will find lots of it in County Durham.
Inside the holiday cottage:
The sitting room seats 6 comfortably and has a wide selection of books of local interest, maps, dvd’s. The dining kitchen is well equipped for catering for a family and has seating for 6 at the large oval table.
In the spacious family bedroom there is a double and a single bed also a cot, TV and video and a charming period fireplace.
The second bedroom contains a full size double bed with a single bunk bed above and ample wardrobes.
The bed linen, towels, electricity and gas are all included in the price of this non smoking accommodation.
There is level access at the rear of the premises, into a secure courtyard garden, ideal for bicycle storage after a day spent exploring the cycle ways of nearby Hamsterley forest. For our less able visitors there is an electric stair lift to the upstairs bedrooms and bathroom also an electric recliner chair in the lounge. The cottage is child friendly having a stair gate, high chair and selection of toys and books.
Whether you wish to use Eastcroft as a base for exploring the North Pennines or for a quiet retreat with river and moorland walks directly from the cottage then we can offer you a relaxing holiday in comfortable accommodation serviced to a high standard.
Please click on cottage photographs to find out more about Eastcroft holiday cottage in Stanhope, County Durham, and to email us.
Self-catering Holiday Cottages in the north of England
Find country cottages and self-catering accommodation in England for walkers using the Feature menu on the left, cottages near the Pennines.
Self-catering cottage accommodation searches:
- Cottage in the north of England for self-catering holidays and weekend breaks
- Holiday cottages in Weardale, County Durham
- self catering holiday cottages Pennines
- » Self-catering holiday accommodation in Shildon, Durham
- » Self-catering accommodation Bishop Auckland County Durham
- » Holiday cottages north east England
- » Self-catering holiday accommodation in Lanchester, Durham
- » Self-catering holiday accommodation in West Auckland, Durham
- » Self-catering holiday accommodation in Ebchester, Durham
- » Self-catering Middleton in Teesdale, County Durham: cottages, houses, apartments
- » Self-catering holiday accommodation in Newton Aycliffe, Durham
- » Self-catering holiday cottages in County Durham
- » Self-catering holiday accommodation in Spennymoor, Durham